Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Where the hell did all this crap come from?


Today I decided to take on our front hall closet. You know the one, the place that everything gets shoved into and you have to quickly open and shut the door hoping that your movement will not topple the the mountains of "stuff" that has been shove in there?

The pile of pots and pans and Tupperware, etc. that was on the top shelf has always frightened me. I've had dutch ovens stacked on top of tiny plates in a Dr. Suessish (Look everybody, I just invented a word!) pile that is only standing by the grace of You Know Who. I managed to pull it all out and get rid of five cake pans. I don't even bake cakes. Why do I have so many cake pans? I also parted with some Pampered Chef baking stones which I guess is a sin according to my mother, but I've had them for six years and never used them once. Time for them to find a new home!

When all was said and done, I had two small piles of mixing bowls and roasting pans, a much more manageable amount.

Now I just hope it stays that way.

No comments: