Monday, September 8, 2008

Wake Up!


My kids have never been too keen on taking naps. I can count on my fingers the number of naps the Taters has taken in his whole life. Ri likes to nap now and then, but no set schedule
Luckily, they do usually sleep well at night. Taters will sleep 9p.m. to 9a.m. If you wake him earlier than that, get ready for a day from hell. Usually that will be a day Ri takes toys off the head like he's on a firing range. I try to avoid waking the beast if at all possible.
About a year ago, I joined a mom's group so that the kids could be somewhat socialized and I could have conversations that didn't include the word "Bob the builder". These meetings start at 10a.m and if I get everything ready the night before, we can just about make it on time.
Fast forward to this morning and I find out they now want to move the meetings to 9:30 so those with kids in pre-school can leave at 11:00. Now I have to make a decision: wake the beast early or miss precious adult time? We'll see how this plays out.

No comments: